Friday 3 December 2010

New version of N2CMS released

I don't know if you've seen on http://n2cms.codeplex.com/releases but v2.1rc has been released. I'd strongly recommend anyone to sign up for the release notifications on Codeplex for the code as this way you will get the latest versions as soon as they come out. On the page for the releases if you look on the right you'll see the button to set notification settings.

As you know, I've been doing tutorials for the web forms version of N2. If you read my earlier posts you'll have read that for beginners I'd recommended the web forms version to get started with because of the better templates that came with it - it was simply easier/quicker to create pages and items. This looks like it has changed with the new release and I am currently investigating the new changes so that I'll be able to comment on the web forms vs MVC projects.

Another reason to download the new version is that it now ships with documentation! Now, I've read the documentation and it's still not perfect nor complete but it's far better than the array of wikis, pages and dead pages that are on the web. So, if nothing else you have a much better starting point for v2.1 than you did with the earlier versions.

All that said, I still aim to continue writing on this blog. There's some new features in the new version which look very interesting such as templates. This will allow you to create templates of pages and subpages with pre-populated content. Very useful.

I think however, my focus will broaden somewhat to include my experiences of the N2 MVC. I also am intrigued by how we can extend the editor with jQuery and similar technologies.

For now though, have a look at the new version!

2 comments:

  1. "Study Tips Lab · If you are a student, this is where you can find tips and tricks only on studytipslab.com to learn how to study efficiently.
    "

    ReplyDelete