Tuesday 14 September 2010

More room for the editor labels

This is just a quick tip for an N2CMS MVC site that I've found literally as I'm just making a few changes to a site I'm doing at the moment so it's short and sweet!


One of my clients says that when they are editing a page the descriptive labels next to the textboxes, checkboxes and dropdownlists are a bit "squashed" and I have to say I agree. There's very little space given for the labels before they roll onto the next line.


Just change the /N2/Resources/Css/Edit.css file where it says:-
body.framed .itemEditor .editorLabel { width:110px; float:left; clear:left; padding:5px 5px 0 0; margin:0 0 5px 0; }
to
body.framed .itemEditor .editorLabel { width:210px; float:left; clear:left; padding:5px 5px 0 0; margin:0 0 5px 0; }
Your labels are now twice as wide and it looks much neater. I think I will include this is all my future N2 sites.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. You should submit this as a patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dejan,

    I didn't know if this was a "bug" as such. I suppose to some it's great as it is but with the bigger monitors etc then this patch works great. Let me know if you want me to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings,

    I have old CRT monitor and 1024x768 resolution. I don't see why should I use 220px for editor labels because they are just fine as they are. I assume there is bigger difference with newer monitors and resolutions.

    Anyhow, thanks for suggestion, and keep on with great work and articles.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nenad,

    Yes some people will have older monitors with lower resolutions and that's fine :) This is just a tip for those who have much bigger resolutions.

    Thanks for the comment and I hope you enjoy the Blog!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete